The 3rd Annual Lovin’ Ludlow Winter Carnival promises to be the most blissful and fun one yet! Packed with exciting and festive events for all ages, it’s no wonder why Lovin’ Ludlow is Vermont’s most talked about Winter Carnival!
Enjoy sensational displays of jaw-dropping snow sculptures, entertaining scavenger hunts (with prizes), kids’ fun races, a family fun race, exhilarating downhill sledding, Warren Miller film festival, wine tastings, ice skating, ski & snowboard fashion show, scrapbooking fun, ugly sweater contest with great prizes, blazing bonfire with fireworks, Chowda’ Challenge, scrapbooking AND MORE!
Check out a couple of the snow sculptures:
The Golden Stage Inn Bed & Breakfast – Proctorsville, VT
Lady Bug I.T. – Ludlow, VT
Lovin’ Ludlow Schedule of events is below our sponsors, please scroll down!
Many Thanks to our 2013 Lovin Ludlow Winter Carnival Sponsors!
TO LEARN ABOUT HOW YOU CAN BECOME A SPONSOR CLICK HERE.
The Official Newspaper of the Lovin’ Ludlow Winter Carnival.
- Snow Sculpture Viewing all day at various business and homes.
- Children’s Poetry Walk: View why kids “Love Ludlow” in business windows and boxes in the heart of our Village along our Main Street thoroughfare between Elm & Pond Streets.
- Lovin’ Ludlow Scavenger Hunt all day with daily drawings at the Okemo Valley Chamber of Commerce Office at 4:00 PM. Click HERE to download the scavenger hunt form.
- ‘Chowda’ Challenge. Samples will be available for tasting at Dorsey Park before the fireworks as well. Winner will be announced at the Post Fireworks Party at the Pot Belly Pub Saturday, February 9th.
Thursday, February 7th
- 3:30-5:00 Kids Bingo at Ludlow Community Center Kids 12 and under play free with a canned food donation for Black River Good Neighbors. Enjoy the fun and win door prizes and individual game prizes!
- Starting at 6:00 The Downtown Grocery Libations Tasting featuring Chef Rogan & Abby’s favorites paired with 4 courses. Call 228-7566 for reservations, $75 per person, not including tax & gratuity. A portion of proceeds will be donated for the July 4th Fireworks display
- 8:00 Killarney’s Winter Carnival King & Queen Coronation. Calling all potential kings & queens to compete for the throne and be coronated. The King & Queen will be presented on the Official Winter Carnival float in the parade. No cover charge and fabulous prize!
Friday, February 8th
- 3:00-5:00 Attack of the V-alien-tines Zombies! At Fletcher Memorial Library. Show those special zombies in your life you “chews” them! Make fun Zombie cards and V-alien-tines
- 4:30-7:00 Wine Sampling and Cheese tasting at the Wine & Cheese Depot. Participants must be 21 years or older and present valid ID to attend.
- 7:00 Warren Miller’s Entertainment’s 63rd film feature FLOW STATE sponsored by BERKSHIRE BANK at the Town Hall on Depot Street. Tickets are $12 in advance for adults & children, $15 at the door (cash & checks only). All proceeds will be donated for the July 4th fireworks display.
- 6:00-9:00 Okemo’s Shakin’ Skate!, Jackson Gore Ice House, admission 12 & up $10, under 12 $8. Come out and enjoy a great evening of skating with a live DJ, games, and fun for the whole family! Skate rentals are available for $5 each.
- 9:00-11:00 Ski & Snowboard Fashion Show at Outback Pizza featuring the latest fashion from Ludlow’s ski shops. Bring out your vintage skiwear and win a door prize. Judging will be based on audience participation! Some outfits will be auctioned live! No cover charge!
Saturday, February 9th
- 11:00-1:00 Okemo Family Challenge at Okemo. All are welcome, costumes are encouraged, the event is free with prizes for everyone!
- 1:00-3:00 Sledding at Gill Odd Fellows Home. Enjoy complimentary hot cocoa & the areas best homemade cookies.
- 5:00 Warren Miller Entertainment’s 63rd film feature FLOW STATE, sponsored by MARY W. DAVIS REALTOR & ASSOCIATES at the Town Hall on Depot Street. Tickets are $12 in advance for adults & children, $15 at the door. All proceeds will be donated for the July 4th fireworks display.
- 7:00 Parade, Bonfires & Fireworks. Parade lineup is at BRHS at 6:30. Viewing all along Main Street to Dorsey Park for Bonfires, hot cocoa, marshmallows & chowda sampling followed by our spectacular fireworks display!
- 9:00 Post Fireworks Party at The Pot Belly Pub. Warm up with Live Music. Awards will be presented for snow sculptures & Chowda Challenge! No cover charge!
- 9:00 Winter Carnival Royal Court at Killarney’s Irish Pub. Celebrate the crowning of Killarney’s King & Queen as they hold court. No cover charge!
Sunday, February 10th
- 1:00-5:00 Scrapbook Fun at The Book Nook. An afternoon of crafting, fun, & refreshments in this special “Lovin’ Ludlow” scrapbooking event at The Book Nook. They will supply the material for a Lovin’ Ludlow Snowman page and have a “in your picture” contest along with a Scrapbook Challenge to see who can complete the most pages during the session. Creative Memories Consultant Kathy McMahon will be on hand to demonstrate product and advise on any scrapbook project you are working on. Seating is Limited so please RSVP by Thursday 2/9 at 228-3238.
Monday, February 11th
1:00-3:00pm Lovin’ Bingo at the Black River Valley Senior Center at 10 High Street. Fun for all ages. Play for donated prizes from area merchants; at $0.50 a board this bingo action can’t be beat. Proceeds support the BRVSC.
Make your reservations for area lodging accommodations, and check back to get the most-up-to-date Lovin’ Ludlow Winter Carnival event information as February, 2013 draws near.