The Chamber Website
Reach individuals and groups planning to visit the area, or people who are already here! Our website provides 24/7 access for viewing your business information. Members are given a free business listing with the option of purchasing additional listings and ads.
Our website is THE place to find out about regional events. If you have an event, we will promote it! Businesses have the ability to enter their own events into our event calendar. Some of the annual events we promote are, The Chester Fall Craft Festival on the Green, Chester Winter Carnival, Weston’s Craft & Antique shows, Belmont’s Cider Days and Plymouth Folk & Blues Festival, just to name a few.
Okemo Valley Regional Guidebook
Get your business listing in 50,000 regional guidebooks annually! Guidebooks are distributed throughout lodging properties, restaurants, realtors, resort information desks, state welcome centers, New York and Boston, and are mailed upon request. Your company description and display advertising space are also available to further highlight your business. Guidebooks are also available to view online on our Chamber website.
These are the committees you can be a part of as a member of the Okemo Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce:
- Membership Committee – This committee is chaired by Bill Jenney and meets the last Friday of every month from 9-10am at Java Babas. This committee reviews new member applications, chooses Member of the Month and looks at new member benefits. We will be reviewing a ‘tier dues” structure for 2016 and would welcome your input.
- Marketing Committee – This committee is chaired by Julie Bowyer and meets the last Friday of every month from 10am-11am at Java Babas. This committee reviews marketing initiatives as presented by the CEO Marji Graf. This committee will be creating a 1-3 and 3-5 year strategic marketing plan. Volunteers will be helping on events: Home, Garden & Recreation Show on May 23; Okemo Valley Antique & Classic Car Show on August 29 & 30 and our Golf Tournament in September.
- Energy Committee – This new committee is chaired by Tesha Buss and meets the last Friday of every month from 11am-12n at Java Babas. This committee will be looking at money and energy savings for chamber members.
- Legislative Committee – This committee meets as needed around issues and yearly trip to Montpelier.
- Ambassador Committee – This will be a newly formed committee (a subset of membership). Ambassadors are highly visible, prestigious volunteers who serve as the Chamber’s primary liaison to new Chamber members. Considered the goodwill arm of the Chamber, the Ambassador committee plays an essential role in member recruitment, communication and retention, and each Ambassador is charged with conveying member needs, questions and concerns to Chamber staff, keeping our Chamber in line with our members’ desires. Consider giving back and adopting a new business!! It might be more rewarding for you!
Ambassador Program – Overview
Upon their appointment, each Ambassador makes a commitment to build lasting relationships with the membership, particularly new Chamber members, in order to build a loyal, committed membership base that will continue to support, participate and invest in the Chamber. Ambassadors commit to spending approximately 6 hours per month on their duties as Chamber volunteers.
Monthly Chamber mixers are held the second Wednesday of each month from 5:30-7:30pm. Mixers are sponsored and hosted by members businesses. The sponsor is able to promote their business and provide excellent networking opportunities. Monthly locations are listed on our website and in our newsletter. Call and inquire about hosting a 2016 “mixer” to showcase your business.
Referrals & Rack Card Space
Staff is available to assist visitors with area shopping, dining, lodging, attractions, and various services. Your business and rack cards will be placed in our Ludlow and Chester Information Centers. The Chamber office is currently open 6 days a week; Monday through Saturday 8:30-4:30.
Celebrate your business! You get a free ribbon cutting ceremony when you become a chamber member. The ribbon-cutting photo along with a description of your business is put on the Chamber website and submitted to local newspapers.
Quarterly Education Series
Each quarter the Chamber invites guest speakers to present important topics of interest to our member business owners. This service is free of charge. You may also have the opportunity to present information about your industry to our fellow member businesses.
Cost Saving Benefits
The Okemo Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce is working to increase your savings in the areas of advertising, business to business member discounts, and co-op ads. From time to time you will be notified of co-op ad opportunities in Yankee Magazine, and Vermont Vacation Guide. (The state of Vermont’s official publication!)
Brand Logo & Tag Lines
Your membership allows you to use our Your Place in Vermont brand! Use it on your website, business cards, letter head, and ad campaigns. A study conducted by the Shapiro group, revealed that when customers know a business is a member of the local Chamber of Commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably about the business and 63% more likely to buy from them!
Take advantage of this special member benefit with training! With Constant Contact, you can send a professional email, promote an event, and reach customers on social media. Most importantly you are able to track you e-mails!
With the affiliation of Delta Dental, the Chamber is able to offer competitive dental plans. Our group rate for a single person is a 20% savings compared to the open-market of the Northeast. For family coverage it is over a 30% savings!
Free Prescription Discount Card for Members
The Okemo Valley Regional Chamber Drug Card is a free prescription discount program that offers free drug cards to all chamber members, members’ employees, contractors, clients, friends and families. The program provides discounts on both brand and generic medications up to 75%. The program has no restrictions to membership, no income requirements, no age limitations and there are no applications to fill out. All members are eligible to receive savings!
The Okemo Valley Regional Chamber Drug Card was launched to help uninsured and underinsured individuals afford their prescription medications. The program can also be used by people who have health insurance coverage with no prescription benefits, which is common in many health savings accounts (HSA) and high deductible health plans. Additionally, people with prescription coverage can use the program to get a discount on prescription drugs that are not covered by insurance.
There are currently more than 56,000 pharmacy locations across the country participating in the program, including all major pharmacy chains. To request a card be sent to you please contact the Chamber office at 802-228-5830. You may also request cards for your friends, family, employees, etc. No personal information is required to obtain a card and all prescriptions processed through the program are completely confidential. To learn more about the program, click here.
Executive and Local Board Meetings
Elected board members meet monthly to discuss the current state of affairs and future programs. The executive board oversees the Okemo Regional Valley Chamber staff and together with that board of directors, reviews the strategic plan and policy. There are always opportunities to serve on a board or a committee.
Upon request, members will be provided with one set of Chamber mailing labels per year for business use only.
Chamber staff is available to you, in person, by phone, or by e-mail to address your questions and concerns. We provide resources, access to information and introductions for members with regards to financing; SBDC, Workforce Development, Economic Development, and State Officials.